06 Jun Make a pledge to save our pollinators
Here at Hampshire Countryside Service we’re on a mission! We’re working hard to create the ideal environment for pollinators by managing land to make sure there’s a diverse range of habitats. Because lots of different flowers, plants and trees means lots more bugs, butterflies and bees.
It’s not just our day job, though. Everyone in the team is also pledging to do something at home to help pollinators. From building bug hotels to letting a patch of garden grow wild – one small change can have a big impact.
Will you join us and make your own pollinator pledge? It would BEE fantastic if you did! (Sorry – I couldn’t resist.)
Whether it’s making space for nature, reducing your environmental impact or supporting worthy causes, we can all do something to help.
Ideas to get started
- Use pollinator friendly plants in your garden – the type that bees and butterflies love
- Choose a mixture of plants that flower throughout spring, summer and autumn – find inspiration here
- Leave areas of your garden wild, keep dead wood for nesting insects
- Walk, cycle, use public transport, car share
- Reduce, recycle, reuse
- Buy local produce
- Support land conservation (search here for volunteering opportunities)
You can share ideas on our Hampshire Countryside Facebook page using our hashtag #PollinatorPledge
Love Carly x