06 Aug Top tips for perfect plants from Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
Adding some plants to your garden is not only a great way to brighten up your home but also a fantastic way to support our pollinators.
One of the horticulturalists at the Gardens, Charlie, gave us a rundown on how to perfectly plant any type of plant or shrub in your garden. Charlie plants a hyssop in this video.
His key things to remember when planting are:
- digging the correct sized hole for your plant
- consider adding fertilizer to the bottom of the hole
- make sure your plant is level with the soil around it
- make sure you have it facing the right way so you can see it blossom in all its glory
- firm in the plant but don’t compact the soil too tightly as the plant needs to be able to breathe
- consider watering your plant after planting but check the weather forecast first, you don’t want to drown your plant
Check out the video below to see his tutorial and top tips to remember when planting anything new.